Replacing and making repairs on your roof is not an easy or inexpensive job. It is important to find a contractor who will do a good job for a reasonable price. It is also good to look at multiple contractors and find the one that will work best for you. To get the best information from these contractors, you should always prepare a list of questions beforehand. So here are 15 questions to ask a roofing contractor:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you certified in residential or commercial work?
- What are your average customer ratings?
- What is your estimated cost for your services?
- What makes you different from other companies?
- What services are you able to provide?
- What is your time estimate for my project?
- What steps do you take to ensure the safety of my home and my family?
- What training and experience does your crew have?
- How does your company handle cleanup?
- How does your company handle complaints?
- How will you protect my driveway and the rest of my property from damage?
- How is payment handled?
- How will you communicate any new information or developments with me and my family?
- What steps do you take for the safety of your employees?
These are not all the questions you can ask your contractor, but they are a good start. They will help you decide if this is the right fit for you and your family.